Monday, January 18, 2010

At least I sleep in on some days at school

I am back in Syracuse and just got settled in my room. I am proud to say that I had a very productive break, where I was probably busier than I am at school. Over winter break, I . . .

1. worked and as a result, made enough money to pay my parents back for the new macbook they bought me (after the incident)
2. met up with various people and friends (a more diverse variety than I usually hang out with over vacations)
3. spent ample time with my parents and family
4. completed many internship applications
5. and subsequently going on a few interviews, leading to some offers
6. wrote wikipedia articles for "Project Syracuse Wiki"
7. organized buses again for winter and spring break
8. had a root canal on New Year's Eve, resulting in a very trippy night
9. wrote an angry letter to the MTA about the bus line in my neighborhood
10. read A Farewell to Arms, The Good Earth, and Blink
11. went to the cinema and watched Up in the Air, Sherlock Holmes, and The Lovely Bones
12. tried Sri Lankan, Tibetan, and Ethiopian food and Cakeman Raven
13. completed 195/195 countries on sporcle.com
14. became a aficionado of 90's German techno
15. started this blog

How did I do so much? I worked four days a week where I got up at 6:30AM on those days. On my "off" days, I did not sleep past 9AM to get things done. I did not spend any days lounging at home or spend much time at home. My commute to work was about 3-4 hours every day, where I had time to accomplish miscellaneous tasks. So, my winter break was not really a "break" but a period of time where I had a chance to do non-school things. I am looking forward to this semester because it'll probably won't be as busy as these last four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment